Last updated 22 June 2021
- Information that we collect from you
1.1 Information You Provide Us: When you engage with the Services, you may be asked to provide certain information about yourself or about someone else (if you are their legal guardian, teacher or otherwise have their consent) including your name and contact details such as email. Under certain circumstances, we may also receive transactional information such as your postal address so that we can fulfill an order or user generated content such as videos or photos.
1.2 Information we collect automatically from you and/or your device: When you use our Services, we may collect device information such as IP address, browser type and version, operating system, cookies IDs as well as connection and usage information such as whether or not you open an email, click on a link or otherwise interact with our content or Services.
1.3 Information we collect from third parties. If you interact with us through social media services, we may have access to information from that social network such as your name, email, photo, or your comments about our Services.
1.4 Children’s Data. If you are 16 years or younger you may not register with us on the Site. Ask the permission of a parent or guardian who should register your personal information on your behalf. If we become aware that you are 16 years or younger and you have not obtained such permission, we will remove your personal information from our records.
- Use of your Information
2.1 We will use your information for the following purposes:
(a) to provide you with the Services, including enabling you to download information and materials from the Services and fulfill orders;
(b) to send you communications including when you order products from us to confirm the order details and where you have so consented, to contact you with our newsletter or other email updates;
(c) to produce reports, statistics and analysis of the types of people who access the Services;
(d) to contact you for your views on the Services and to notify you occasionally about important changes or developments to the Services;
(e) to administer, support, improve and develop our Services;
(f) to market and advertise the Productions including but not limited to providing you advertising based on your activities and interests and creating audiences and profiles based on your activities and interests;
(g) we may use any or all of this information to comply with the law, detect or prevent fraud, and to defend our legal rights.
- Disclosure of your Information
3.1 We disclose your personal data to the following entities:
- Service Providers: We engage vendors to perform business purposes on our behalf and share information with them to enable them to provide us with such business purposes, including research and analytics, hosting, transaction and payment processing, promotion administration, fraud prevention, identity management, acquisition and other services. Service providers may use such information for their operational purposes in order to provide their services to us.
- Social Networks: We may share your information with social media platforms for example, if you click on a Facebook “like” button on an NBCUniversal Service, the “like” may appear on your Facebook account. To control this sharing of information, please review and adjust your privacy settings for the relevant social network.
- Partners: We may share your information with third party partners. For instance, if you enter a contest or sweepstakes sponsored by a third party, we may share the information you provide for that entry with the sponsor.
- Advertisers, Advertising Networks, and Other Third Parties: We may share information about how you use the Services and interact with content or ads to better tailor services, products, marketing and advertising.
3.2 Please note that this may include the transfer of your personal data to one or more countries outside the U.K. By using the website you consent to third parties having access to your personal data, including those outside the European Economic Area (EEA). You understand and accept that if your data is disclosed to third parties outside the EEA those parties may be based in territories that may not have sensitive data protection provisions in law.
- Legal Basis for the Use of Your Information
The laws of some jurisdictions, such as the European Union, require companies to tell you about the legal basis for using, sharing, or disclosing your information. To the extent those laws apply, we may rely on the following legal bases:
- Performance of a contract: where use of your information is necessary to provide you with the Services under a contract, for example to fulfil an order from a charity auction.
- Legitimate interest: where use of your information is necessary for our or others legitimate interests and where the use is not outweighed by your rights and interests. Below are some examples of such interests:
providing the Services
improving our Services and developing new ones
recognizing and better understanding our users, including across platforms
conducting security and fraud prevention activities
marketing and promoting our content and services
- Legal obligation: where use of your information is necessary to comply with laws and regulations such as those relating to anti-bribery and corruption and anti-money-laundering, complying with requests from government bodies or courts, or responding to litigation.
- With consent: we may ask for your consent to process your information in a certain way. Where we rely on this basis, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time – please see the Your Rights and Your Choices sections below to do this.
- Security and Data Retention
We employ security measures to protect your information from access by unauthorized persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage, however no security methods are infallible. We will retain your information for a reasonable period necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected or as long as the law requires.
- Your Rights
Depending on where you live, you may have certain rights with respect to your information. For example, under local laws, including in the UK, you may be able to ask us to:
- provide access to certain information we hold about you, in some cases in a portable format, if technically feasible
- update or correct your information
- delete certain information
- restrict the use of your information
We will respond within the time period prescribed by applicable law. Please note that many of the above rights are subject to exceptions and limitations.
We will take reasonable steps to verify your identity, including authenticating you through the email address. We may require further documentation such as a password and user ID before granting access to your information.
If you would like to exercise any individual right you may have please contact us at email@example.com. Please include “My Rights: Wicked UK” in the subject line and provide a clear explanation of which right you are exercising and your country of residence in the body of the email.
Your rights and our responses will vary based on your state or country of residency. Please note that you may be located in a jurisdiction where we are not obligated, or are unable, to fulfill a request. In such a case, your request may not be fulfilled.
If you have any unresolved concerns, you may have the right to complain to your local data protection authority.
- Your Choices
7.1 Cookies are small amounts of information which we store on your computer. Unless you have indicated your objection when disclosing your details to us, our system will issue cookies to your computer when you log on to the site. Cookies make it easier for you to log on to and use the site during future visits. They also allow us to monitor website traffic and to personalise the content of the Site for you. You may set up your computer to reject certain cookies by although, in that case, you may not be able to use certain features on our site.
7.3 You can unsubscribe from marketing email communications at any time using the unsubscribe link contained in each message.
All privacy comments, queries and requests relating to our use of your information are welcomed and should be addressed to please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 30 Rockefeller Plaza, New York, NY 10112, USA, NBCUniversal Legal Department Attn: Chief Privacy Officer.
For all other Wicked related comments, queries and requests, users should visit our FAQ page.